Busy schedules don't really allow for much cooking. I work full-time (no set schedule) and take 6 classes but I enjoy cooking so much that I have to make time for it. I would love to make elaborate meals every day of the week, but there are only 24 hours in a day and Atlanta traffic usually takes up about 3 hours of my free time everyday. I have come up with a way to get my "food therapy" at least once a week. I pick one night, either Tuesday or Wednesday, grocery shop and then cook until I cant cook anymore. One one night, I will make at least four to five dinner mix and match combinations that allow me to grab meals throughout the week. It allows me to save time and money, while getting my cooking thrill.
Here are some of the dishes I made on a "binge" a few weeks back:
- Rosemary roasted chicken thighs
- Blackened tilapia
- Steak Fajitas
- Cilantro lime ribeye steaks
- Lemon pepper and blackened shrimp
- Sauteed green beans and mushrooms
- Herb angel hair pasta with tomatoes
- Roasted garlic red potatoes
- Cheese and garlic scalloped potatoes
- Broccoli and cheese bake
Hey, what can I say? I love cooking even more than eating! Its like creating a masterpiece all your own. Can't wait until next week's binge!
No comments:
Post a Comment